Friday, September 10, 2010

Feature Hierarchy and Visual Search


http://www.autostraddle.com/

I love the idea of designing for an online magazine. There are so many layout options that aren't always possible in print media. Autostraddle is one of my favorite online magazines. The title image is colored and sized perfectly so that it's visible without being distracting. The largest imagine is always what I look at first, usually 3 or 4 of the top stories for the day. Next, my attention goes to the site menu between the title and the top story. The site is exceptionally easy to navigate. There is enough on the home page to be captivating, and the menu is easy to find in black against colored dots. In my opinion, this website does a great job of being exciting without being overwhelming, as some online magazines can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment